This is a great way to use up leftovers from Thanksgiving dinner. Prep time 1 hour. Serves 6.
6 cups cooked diced turkey meat
2 cups of cooked diced carrots with peas
1 large yellow onion, diced
2 cups left over turkey gravy
1 cup white wine
2 cups turkey broth
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 package puff pastry sheets (17.3 ounces)
- Remove the puff pastry sheets and allow to defrost until they can be unfolded (15 to 20 minutes)
- In a large Dutch oven over medium heat, saute the diced onions in the olive oil until translucent.
- Add the turkey, carrots, peas, gravy, wine and broth and stir to mix.
- Continue cooking for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add more broth if mixture is too dry.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spoon the turkey mixture evenly into the 6 individual oven proof baking dishes.
- Cut pieces of the pastry sheets to cover the tops of the baking dishes.
- Bake in preheated over for about 20 minutes or until the the tops are golden brown and the filling is bubbly.
- Remove for oven and serve.